Creating Personal Momentum
I will do TODAY what I can do,
to enable me to do TOMORROW
What I can’t do TODAY
Begin where you can today. Break down big vision.
Four Things to do Today
1. Do something to defeat you DARK side.
My leadership dark side is ______________
Name your dark side, i.e. competitive, prideful, fear of lack, insecure, know it all
2. Create ARTIFICIAL ministry deadlines
Artificial deadlines force you to:
- Make faster DECISIONS
- Intentionally DELEGATE
- Disregard UNIMPORTANT activities
3. Delegate what SOMEONE else can do.
- Don’t delegate RESPONSIBILITIES. Delegate AUTHORITY.
You can have high control with low growth or low control with high growth.
There will be short-term chaos with high growth!
- Delegating responsibilities creates FOLLOWERS.
- Delegating authority creates LEADERS.
4. Do something only YOU can do.
Make margins – need time to reflect, think. Use your margin here…
Do not sacrifice your family on the altar of ministry.
1. You’re the only one who can CARE for yourself.
- Care for yourself with REFRESHING activities
- Care for yourself by taking TIME OFF
- Care for yourself by spending time with GOD
- Care for yourself by EATING right and EXERCISING.
2. You’re the only one who can LEAD your ministry.
3. You’re the only one who can do something that PRIVATELY honors Christ to you.
4. You’re the only one who can be a HUSBAND to your wife or DADDY to your kids.
Don’t brag about not taking time off that shows
pride (I’m the only one who can get it done), poor leader (haven’t raised up anyone else to do ministry)